Friday, April 30, 2004
On Dreams
Dreams, yes they can be wonderful at times, but in my case more often than not they aren't so...err...wonderful. I wish I could have more control over them, like the Paradox. (I sure would like to make my own dream car at that!) However, I've learned not to take my dreams too seriously, especially since their content ranges from sad to utterly macabre. Oh well, someday I'll probably have to take my subconscious for a checkup. Inkblots anyone?

Here's a poem I wrote after waking up from a nightmare. I don't remember what exactly happened but the images and the feelings are definitely from the dream. Ironically, I have entitled it, Euphoria.

Euphoria

Tendrils curling in the air
Fingers reaching for the light
Euphoria ignites warmth
From embers of the night

Sunken eyes brimmed red
Amnesia's victim cries
Euphoria ignites evil
From portrait of burning skies

Confusion in epiphany
Lies in coffins of the mind
Euphoria ignites insanity
From the past left behind.

Quest for unsettled purpose
Heroes for the unredeemed
Euphoria ignites sorrow
From the visions of a dream.
|
posted by Rax @ 03:44
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER