Friday, April 30, 2004
Women
I've been thinking a lot about what field of law to go into after graduating and passing the bar. Assuming that I am lucky enough to actually do that, I haven't decided what my main field would be. Although, I do have some inkling that I will end up as the Paradox' notary/secretary... ehem... one of the things I'd like to dabble with are women's issues. So, don't mind if I put in some feminist poetry and stuff like that. It's a topic that I actually spend time thinking about, since most of the time the only thing I think about is what no-brainer activity I should be doing for the day. =)

Women

I am born with a deep trench between my thighs

Like those who wait under
their respective streetlights
to whore, to beg, to snatch, to drink,
to bark and to sell, these children,
in their evening corners,
like moth to lamp posts
are drawn to the warmth
of bills in pockets.

They think only of the
warmth of cigarettes at hand and
the smoke that shrouds their expressions,
angry, weary, helpless, indifferent
of the men who sometimes
forced their way into them
and the number of fetuses
they forced out.

There are also those who live
in clean neighborhoods and
nice big houses who think of nothing
but fresh sheets and soft carpets.
They know nothing of the pain
that comes with having
a deep trench between their thighs
and yet they scoff at those who

are being stretched, scraped, ripped
apart like the turkeys they
prepare for thanksgivings.
Not knowing that
they are no more women

than those they feast upon.
|
posted by Rax @ 16:55
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER