Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Shade of my heart
Argh. I'm in sentimental mode. According to the anime, Samurai Champloo, Sentimentality is an emotion discovered in the west to have plagued the female species. BWAHAHAHA. Anyhow I feel Ive been playing too much dungeons and dragons. harhar.


Shade of My Heart


Traveling barefoot has many a time
left me bruised and trembling
with scars and blisters bestowed
by the cracked earth and a nomad's hard luck.

I would not have fallen if not
for the dance of wolves snapping at my ankles
as I limped my way
toward the tree that was -

You. Of immobile roots,
unable to come closer to where I was, and
could only watch and wait as I crawled inch by inch
for a chance to sag against your trunk.

You wrapped me in the embrace of your shade
as I collapsed on the moss carpet at your feet
covering my heart and face from hunters
with spears made of shards from a broken promise.

Your leaves caught the wind to kiss my harrowed face,
the rain to wash the blood from my limbs
as I raised my lips to catch what little dew drops
could quench my parched tongue.

But the drumbeats of survival stirred me awake
when the light waned from its crescendo.
Pale sun meeting moon in silhouettes of dusk
means my journey must continue...

For your shade is not enough
to keep me from the eyes of basilisks
slithering in my dreams,
hiding in shadows within shadows.

Nor could your body shield me
from the frozen knife of the midnight wind,
ruthless even against your branches,
if caught cradling the soul it lusts after.

When blood slowly seeps across the sky
I will have gone where you can no longer follow,
for you are chained by the same roots
that held you back from my rescue.

But let this be a comfort -
I will run carried by the cool breeze you will send
to catch the smell of leaf and flower,
little vessels cupping your memory,

another shade of my heart
|
posted by Rax @ 13:51
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER