Wednesday, January 24, 2007
You can write
I am a storybook,
the tales long ago
etched by quills of blade
and blood ink on
skin parchment.

You were reading me--
setting me on your lap,
opening me and gingerly
tracing the word-scars
with your fingertip.

Like the others,
I offered you a blank page
and an iridium nibbed plume,
enclosing it in your palm as
I spread myself on the table.

You lifted me and carried me
back to the filled-up pages,
flipping the quill over
and started erasing scars
with the feather tip.

I am still a storybook,
bound with human vellum--
but this time rewritten
by your hands, lips and tongue
dipped in soul-ink.
|
posted by Rax @ 16:36
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER