Saturday, January 27, 2007
Mathematics
What is distance, but a bunch of numbers
that define the space between us.

As if one could calculate
the probabilities that you, ever restless,
would climb your bed and stay still,
long enough for me
to slip beneath you
and raise my chin
to sigh on your shoulder.

As if one could measure
the angles we create when
you reach around me and
lift me up toward you,
drawing arcs with my spine when
I tuck my belly into your torso and
hook my ankles to the back of your knees.

As if one could solve
the sum of our hearts'
incongruent tempo when
I press my body so close
to fuse our breathing and
delude our ears into thinking
we shared a heart.

As if one could plot
the intersection points
whenever we kiss,
fingers interlacing at
the end of outstretched arms,
every muscle knowing its match
with perfect balance and precision.

After all, What is distance,
but a bunch of numbers

that don't exist.
|
posted by Rax @ 20:31
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER