Tuesday, May 04, 2004
Sonnet IX
I guess i'm in a sonnet phase. It's actually my favorite kind of formal poetry. My earlier ones have some shakespearean influence so, i'd rather not share them. This was the last sonnet i wrote. I don't think i'll be able to write new ones since sonnet involves 2 things i find difficult nowadays (since im so brain dead because of summer) 1) rhyming and 2) making sure that there are 10 syllables in each line. ghastly donchathink? actually im just making excusez for my lack of inspiration...

Sonnet IX

If I should give up and lose all my will
That want lay not on a bed of roses
That fear could get the better of me still
And in bliss he quietly reposes.
Power taken equals power given
Take he shall of what is rightfully his
And in all madness his spirit driven
I would come crashing down in all of this.
Where that I found peace in finality?
That I must shake my fists and cry in vain
For he bleeds with joy, I with agony
Of the gift I've given all made of pain.

Regret envelops what I have long claimed
His spirit exalted whilst mine is maimed.
|
posted by Rax @ 02:21
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER