Thursday, July 29, 2004
Lost
Here's another look into my subconscious...

...I was struggling in class... my English professor was teaching us origami...with PINK paper...yuck... Art was never my forte... And then there was an exam. Yes my crim pro prof was in the dream (hmmmm)... He gave us a 5 question exam... complete with illustrations... Clock ticks. Tocks. Ticks and Tocks... He suddenly announced 5 minutes left... i looked down at my paper... it was BLANK... i had written and answered nothing... gasp. shock. SHIT!... I begged him to give me more time... the hours dragged... It was 4pm... then it was 7pm... 9pm... tick... tock... i looked up at the clock... 2:30 am... i looked at the paper... it was still blank... sir was pacing the floor saying it was too late... i said wait... please... i begged... and then i ran downstairs... (the setting had turned into a house)...i crouched under the staircase and began writing furiously... it was hard to see... it was dark... the only light coming from upstairs...

I met up with my classmates... People from law school... we were going to a party... I was looking forward to it...

It was evening, there were a lot of japanese lanterns in the garden... people laughing and partying. It really was fun... Then my friends decided to go to another house and watch some movies. I said i'd stay... I'll finish the beer... and maybe catch up later... the party goes on... time dragged on... some of the others were leaving... i decided to hitch a ride to catch up with my friends who left earlier...

We were on the highway... and then i saw my friends coming from the other direction... i asked the driver to stop... so i got off... it turns out my friends were going back to the party... So i decided to go back as well... I rode a jeep... I saw the highways and the skyscrapers... i got off in the middle of an abandoned road... I walked... and walked... and walked... and suddenly... i only had one shoe... and there were a lot of puddles of mud in the street... i walked... splashed... walked... and then i realized i was LOST... I racked my brain trying to remember the address of my friends house... BLANK... AGAIN... I walked further... splashed further... I didn't know where i was going and i couldn't even hail a cab since i didn't know the address...

I decided to take some shortcuts through some squatters area... I walked in the narrow maze of cardboard shanties... i turned left... i turned right... i peeked into some of the homes... there was no EXIT... Suddently i was stuck in the maze... the walls close in... the path choking off to dead ends... I couldn't find the way OUT...

Then i met this man. Sitting on a wooden crate... he pointed at a treasure chest... he said i should find the key and save the world... and myself... I thought maybe i could find my way home...maybe... So i looked... i walked... i splashed... i turned around and around... looking for my shoe, the exit, the key, the way home... And then i saw the key!! It was on a leather string... but it wasn't an ordinary key... It had a needle in it... So i went to the chest... It FIT!... so i opened it... and found...

A box full of liquid medicine. Cough syrups, anti-asthma syrups... all kinds... i said to the old man... how is this supposed to get me home? He laughed and didn't answer me... He just laughed and laughed... The walls closed in...

I woke up. (Never found my way after all)
|
posted by Rax @ 14:57
 

knowing but not intervening...
About Me

Name: Rax
Home: Makati, Philippines
About Me: I am many things: aspiring poet, advocate, lawyer, with a good grasp of reality. I am also passionate when it comes to chasing dreams. After all, a childlike imagination is just something I cannot outgrow. Which is why I write(...and refuse to give up anime, fantasy novels and video games... :P)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Links

Afterglow

Intelligent Ash

Extraplanar

Soul's Phantasm

Unguarded Utterance
Archives
Shoutbox


Powered by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com BLOGGER